Art and Music Programs
- Children's Museum of Manhattan: Created a family arts workshop for the Children's Museum of Manhattan.
- Family Life Academy: Created a series of arts, music and dance bilingual workshops for children in grades 1 through 3. Also developed community building workshops for PTA
- WestPark Presbyterian Church: Created a year-long series of concerts and art exhibits for the church, a collaborative effort of El Taller Latino Americano with the Church to provide a forum for fostering multicultural awareness and appreciation in the Upper West Side's highly diverse neighborhood. As its cornerstone, the Project features evening concerts one weekend per month and art exhibits.
- Third Street Music School Settlement: Music recordings and video workshops with children from the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
- Latido Latino: Musical consultant and coordinator to Spanish television show on Latin music in New York. Educated production staff on Latin-American musical history, recruited musicians to participate in the project, acted as interpreter and musical consultant on all the interviews.
- Philip Glass: Musical consultancy/coordination and recording of children's choir; technical advisor and consultant, co-composer theme music for the Wamer Brothers film Powaqqatsi.
- Hispanic Policy Development Project: Co-author, design and graphic art for an education booklet for Spanish-speaking parents (with the Reader's Digest Foundation and Kraft General Foods); Production of parenting videos.
- Sesame Street: Composed Spanish-language songs for the children's television program.
- Environmental Protection Agency: Taught a seminar to employees on Latin American culture and music during Hispanic Awareness month.
- Queensborough Public Library: Musical programs; video documentation; and radio and television public service announcement creation and production.
- Health and Hospitals Corporation of the City of New York: Pilot program for Spanish-speaking patients at Lincoln Hospital, "Culture as a Support"/ a multi-art therapy for the mentally/emotionally disabled.
Translation and Interpretation
- Nonesuch Records: Interpreter and cultural consultant for visiting artists from Latin America including Ibrahím Ferrer, Compay Segundo. Acted as interpreter with press, including providing explanations and musical background context to interviewers, translations, coaching on musical lyrics.
- Maturana Productions: Transcribed Spanish interviews from audio tapes for show producer.
- Polistino's (restaurant): Translated employee manual from English into Spanish.
See also the Corporate Class Clients page for examples of language classes we have created for outside organizations.
Call us at
or send us an
about your needs.