El Taller Latino Americano™, or The Latin American Workshop™ is a non-profit 501(c)3 cultural arts center on Manhattan's Upper West Side - a space alive with color, sound, movement, and creativity; where music, art, and language converge to educate and entertain.
- Registration is now open for our summer camp! Summer is the perfect opportunity for your 4-10 year-old to learn Spanish through art and music at El Taller—all levels of Spanish are welcome. Click here for more information, or call us at (212) 665-9460 to reserve your child’s spot.
- We are pleased to announce a new class at El Taller: Literamúsicatura. This class will cover literature, music, and translation from an unexpected perspective. The first class will be Wednesday, April 1 at 6:30. Click here for more information.
- On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 6pm, the Grady Alexis Gallery will host an opening reception for our new show, Symptoms: Works by Mark Cobrin. The show will be on view at our new location at St. Michael’s Church, 225 West 99th Street, from March 19 through April 2. Click here for more information.
- On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 7pm, El Taller Latino Americano will present Belleza de las Americas, an operatic concert with Anna Tonna featuring Francisco Roldan at St. Michael's Church, 225 West 99th Street. Click here for more information.
- Did you miss our Moving Party? To read more about the event, please visit The West Side Spirit.
- If you missed, or want to revisit, any of our 35 Years Taller events, you can watch all events here.
There is something magical about El Taller. After only six months I can now understand, read, speak, and sing, well enough to navigate in any Spanish-speaking country.... I feel so fortunate to have discovered this extraordinary community.
Lauren Taylor, Adjunct Lecturer, Columbia University School of Social Work
Follow us on:
Monday-Thursday: 9:30am to 5:30PM
Friday: 10:30AM to 2:30PM
Saturday: 10:00AM to 3:00PM