after school spanish immersion program!
Our fully immersive after school program for kids, Cantando Jugando Aprendiendo, takes a highly engaging multimedia approach to enhancing your child's Spanish language skills. Through exposure to music, art, and movement this program guides children through a journey into the great mosaic of cultures that are collectively known as “Latin America”. By using their senses in a wide array of both manual and perceptual activities, children will enhance their vocabulary, experience language usage in a practical setting, identify geographic features, rhythms, languages, food, ecosystems and traditions indigenous to each region! El Taller’s expert team of teachers are also professional artists and musicians who fuse El Taller’s 4-decade-strong language method with a unique creative curriculum sure to excite and enrich all children.
Register below ( $50.00 OFF if you register before December 22nd!)
Monday - Friday
3:30 PM - 5:30PM
6 - Week Sessions
(60 total hours of Spanish Immersion)
A maximum of 10 kids per session!
4 - 9 years old
$950.00 per session
(Includes all materials)
January 15, 2018
(Only $920.00 due to federal holidays)
OUR AWARD WINNING CURRICULUM INCLUDES...
- Crafting volcano models based on Latin America's several volcanic provinces.
- Learning and creating new verses for" Guantanamera" inspired by the works of Pete Seeger
- Mask making informed by the carnaval aesthetics of Bolivia, Puerto Rico and Colombia.
- Painting inspired by the style of Buenos Aires' Xul Solar, Mexico's Frida Khalo, Brazil's Tarsila do Amaral, and Venezuelas Jesus Rafael Soto.
- Sculpture making based on the animal sculptures of Colombia's Fernando Botero
- Introduction to Latin American culinary traditions through guacamole, api morado, arepa and horchata making
- Designing puppets and staging a puppet show based on Nicaragua's La Gigantona
- Singing "Cuida el Agua" , learning about Peru's water-based instruments and creating abstract paintings based on Peru's rain songs.
- Learning about Venezuelan Joropo, Cueca Chilena, and using classroom instruments to play both Cueca and Joropo songs
- and much much more!
REGISTER FOR CANTANDO JUGANDO APRENDIENDO
KEEP ME UPDATED!
Questions about our after school program? Want to stay in the loop? No problem! Send us a message using the form below and we'll get back to you within 1 business day.