El Taller Latino Americano™, or The Latin American Workshop™ is a non-profit 501(c)3 cultural arts center on Manhattan's Upper West Side - a space alive with color, sound, movement, and creativity where music, art and language converge to educate and entertain.
A Language School...
|with conversational Spanish classes, recognized by the Village Voice, The Daily News, and thousands of satisfied students as among the best in New York City. |
A Cultural Center...
|where over 500 people each month meet to share ideas, find creative inspiration and find refuge in the middle of the City.
|where local and internationally known musicians present their work.|
An Art Gallery...
|to showcase upcoming and established artists from all over the world.
- Help El Taller stay on Broadway. Sign our petition at Change.org by clicking here.
- Our petition efforts are in the news! To read more, please vist The New York Daily News, DNAinfo New York, The Columbia Spectator, and The West Side Spirit.
- Not only has Leon Gieco signed our petition and agreed to perform for at our 35th Anniversary celebration, he also recently sang Bernardo's song "Cuida El Agua" for a Greenpeace Benefit in Buenos Aires, Argentina. To watch the video on YouTube click here.
- Although our last exhibit, "Common Grounds", coffee inspired art from around the world is no longer in our gallery, the amazing paintings remain through the holiday shopping sesaon. For more information on this amazing, beautiful and affordable exhibition click here.
- The Grady Alexis Gallery was recently featured on YouTube Channel AwakenInspireCreate.
There is something magical about El Taller. After only six months I can now understand, read, speak, and sing, well enough to navigate in any Spanish-speaking country.... I feel so fortunate to have discovered this extraordinary community.
Lauren Taylor, Adjunct Lecturer, Columbia University School of Social Work
Follow us on:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00AM to 5:30PM
Friday: 10:30AM to 2:30PM
Saturday: 10:00AM to 3:00PM